Friday, January 22, 2010

Christmas and New Years

In mid November it was brought to our attention that Rob would not be able to get any days off during the summer in 2010. We quickly pulled together a pretty big surprise for our kids. These are just some of the highlights of Christmas 2009.
On Christmas eve morning we let the kids open one gift of our choice.


It was a box of balloons. They quickly figured out that they had to put
them in order to figure out the gift.

They said Come Celebrate with Us. The Happy Birthday balloon is
the only thingI could find with Mickey and friends on it so I wrote
Jesus on it. We headed to Florida on December 26th.


Mini golfing in 60 degree weather in December!



Emily's favorite disney characters by far are the dalmations




We went to see the chipmunks squeakquel. These guy
were hanging out in the lobby.





We were treated to an very fun day with my Aunt Rita and cousin Sarah.
We went on this balloon ride that goes 400 feet in the air. I was
very hesitant but it wasn't too bad.

Just a couple of pictures from up in the balloon.




The only park we went to was Sea World. We went on New Years Eve day.

I thought this was funny, a whale with a hat and scarf.



Emily took this picture. It is a real seal. I thought it was a statue.


We were amazed at the size of this baby penguin. It was as
big as the adult standing next to it.


I just couldn't pass up taking a picture of the kids in front
of this huge beautiful tree as we left Sea World.
Yes they are both wearing shorts on New Years Eve.

We thought these were interesting Palm trees.



As usual we spent the night ringing in the new year in the quiet
of our home. This year was spent in a hotel room but
we didn't forget to pack our hats and blowers. I hope
this isn't the last year the kids let me take our annual
picture in front of the t.v.. It was cool to be on the top floor
of the hotel. At midnight we turned off the lights and opened
the curtains to watch all of the fireworks going off at the parks.
All and all it was a fun trip. I am truly blessed with a wonderful family.
















No comments: