So this summer we did NOTHING and by the end of August I had a terrible itch to get out of dodge. I did some surfing on the net and decided that we could afford a little get away up north. Once again I have managed to put the pictures in reverse order so to read this one you have to start at the bottom or you can just travel backwards through our trip. It's your choice, enjoy!

This is a door in the hotel we stayed in. I can understand one or maybe two peep holes but what is the third one for??

Name that foot. Left is Emily's, middle is Jeremy's and right is mine.

The water was too cold for our liking so we just walked barefoot on the beach.

The long day in the warm summer sun took it's toll on Emily. On the boat ride back to the city Emily took a nap. Jeremy was nice enough to put his coat over her so she didn't get cold.

This is Arch Rock it is 146 feet above water and 55 feet wide. Geologists explain that the arch was formed over thousands of years by wind and water eroding soft rock below, leaving only the hard
breccia rock which forms the arch. It is really beautiful.

If any of you have been to Mackinac Island you know that there are no motor vehicles allowed on the island. You can hike, bike or take a carriage ride. I splurged this visit and took the guided carriage ride. It was well worth it.

The famous Grand Hotel where two big movies were filmed. This Time For Keeps in 1947 and Somewhere in Time in 1979.

As you come into the island on the ferry you are greeted by this nice vacation homes. I don't think I would be to happy about the ferry coming and going all day while I am trying to enjoy my vacation home.


As we went over to the island I got this picture of the Mighty Mac!

The kids both got to wear the trolley drivers hat and ring the trolley bell.


The sun was down when we arrived at our look out point in the UP. Emily snapped this beautiful shot.

Gone!

going...

going...

going...

As many of you know I am petrified of crossing bridges. In my life my biggest fear has been this huge bridge. Now that I am 40 I decided to be more adventurous and do things I wouldn't normally do. The kids saw this trolley company and the sign for sunset tours over the bridge. I said "Sure, lets go!" They were in total shock but so glad that I was willing to overcome my fears. Our trolley driver was
Meegan and she was so nice and fun. I recommend this tour if any of you plan to visit Mackinaw City




These are in the right, but wrong for this post, order. Emily has not met a rock wall she hasn't wanted to climb. She did this one in less than 5 minutes and the kid with her guide rope was impressed. I wish I was so lean and nimble.

This is our week attempt of getting one of those great pictures of Emily holding the whole bridge in her hands.

We had been in the car for almost 3 hours so Emily was over joyed to get out and stretch.
Trip statistics: Gas = 50.00
Hotel = 418.00
Food = 109.78
Souvenirs = 27.31
Tours/Fun = 149.25
Total trip cost = 754.34
Amazing, Fun, Relaxing weekend with my kids...Priceless!!
1 comment:
Which Hotel did you stay at? Looks like you guys had a great time.
Post a Comment