I have spent a lot of time volunteering at the Elementary school the kids went to. It helps fill my week with a purpose. I am no longer the Primary president and am now serving as the Bear den leader for 4 boys. I am having fun with them and hopefully they are having fun too. This year I hope to tackle going through 3 dozen or more VHS tapes so that they can be converted to DVD and I would like to finish writing the captions in our photo albums.
Emily celebrated her sweet 16 with a dance party, she is a junior, her plan to get her license failed when she broke her big toe on her right foot. You can't take drivers ed with a cast on your foot. She loves chemistry, is on the all A's honor roll and is ranked 14th in her class of 450. This year holds tests, lots of tests. She has to prepare for the PSAT, ACT, MME and carry the weight of AP and Honors classes. She also tutors at the elementary school on Friday's. We are so proud of her and support her in all that she does.
Jeremy is so glad to be a teenager at last! He continues being the deacon's quorum president. He has an infectious smile that the girls can't seem to resist. He is usually our comedy relief and tries real hard to stay out of trouble. His football team had a winning season with only 1 loss. He has made the all A's honor roll this year and he is growing like a weed. He is currently pushing 5'9". Jeremy hopes to finish his Eagle Scout by his 14th birthday in May. We know he can do anything he sets his mind to and encourage him at every turn to do his best.
Rob has slowed down some with only 1 or 2 moves this year and 4 or 5 house projects. He still does handyman work for people but spends most of his time helping friends and family with their projects. We are so glad that busy season at UPS is finally wrapping up. This year holds a few projects on our house that can no longer be over looked. The roof, bathtub and stove all need to be replaced and I would like to get our bedroom painted (see previous post)
Our travels this year included Emily and I going to Florida for Marching band to play at Disney in February. As a family we went to our friends place in Lewiston up north for a weekend in June. Then we all went for an extended weekend to Chicago in August. We wrapped up the year with an unexpected trip to Florida.
As the kids get older it is so important for us to spend time together. I am learning to really listen and offer advice only when asked. I am so glad that I get to attend Sunday school and that the kids and I are studying the same things. It has given us so much to talk about and I am grateful that they can go to church and learn their faith and be grounded in it. My hope for me, you and our families is to have a happy, blessed new year. May we make the most of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment