After a year of aggravation, mean words, gnashing of teeth and tears I finally finished Emily's quilt. Many times in the last year I have asked myself "Why did you agree to make a quilt? You can't even sew a straight line!" On a recent trip to Jo Ann fabrics I was lamenting to the young man waiting on me and he gave me wise words of wisdom "You never promised her a pretty quilt." He was right, I had never promised Emily a pretty quilt. So last week I got behind my machine and worked every day for a couple of hours on it. Today I put in the batting, sewed up the opening and put it on her bed. I can see every flaw but I am choosing to ignore them just like I know Emily will. If you notice I used some of the left over material to cover her dressing table bench (Rob actually did most of the work).
Thursday, June 7, 2012
I did it!
After a year of aggravation, mean words, gnashing of teeth and tears I finally finished Emily's quilt. Many times in the last year I have asked myself "Why did you agree to make a quilt? You can't even sew a straight line!" On a recent trip to Jo Ann fabrics I was lamenting to the young man waiting on me and he gave me wise words of wisdom "You never promised her a pretty quilt." He was right, I had never promised Emily a pretty quilt. So last week I got behind my machine and worked every day for a couple of hours on it. Today I put in the batting, sewed up the opening and put it on her bed. I can see every flaw but I am choosing to ignore them just like I know Emily will. If you notice I used some of the left over material to cover her dressing table bench (Rob actually did most of the work).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
on my computer you can't see Emily's bench so please just imagine it.
I wish I could see it - the picture doesn't come through on my PC.
Post a Comment