Thursday, November 29, 2012
A Thanksgiving get away.
After we enjoyed our Thanksgiving lunch we loaded up in the car and set off to Traverse City. It's a 3 1/2 hour drive from our house. The kids were so excited to be hitting the road at 2:30.
By 3:30 I was the only one still awake in the car. It's a good thing I was the one driving.
The wardrobe in our room looked too much like the passage to Narnia so Emily gave it a try. Ours lead to no where.
We had a all night Monopoly game. I felt like I didn't get the memo on wearing plaid pajama bottoms and a black t-shirt. These guys were still going strong when I called it quits at midnight.
This may look like a pretty lake scene but in reality it is a sad look at how low the lakes are in Michigan. The water should be up to the road, not a mile out.
On the way home we stopped at our favorite pizza shop for what we think is the best pizza around. We only went up north from Thursday afternoon to Saturday morning. We did some shopping and some swimming while we were there also. All in all it was a great get away with NO cell phones. Now on to Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lake Huron is the same way on the east side. I feel so bad for the people who paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for lake front property/homes and now have sand bars. They can't even dock there boats at the shore. The "Great Lakes" state is sadly becoming a thing of the past. A lot of the little resorts and cabins are closed up becasue they get no business.
I can see why that pizza is your favorite. Looks so good!
Post a Comment