Thursday, May 16, 2013

Yes I did


I was looking for an inexpensive way to have centerpieces at Emily's graduation party.  So this is what I came up with.  I will admit that I saw something similar at a online party supplies store but they were very expensive.  So, you go to Home Depot and pick up one black irrigation pipe.  They are about $6.00.  You then cut it every six ribs.


You then line it with a plastic treat bag.  You can get 20 of these for $1.00 at Wal-Mart.


You then get two black poster boards at Wal-Mart for .97 each.  You cut them into squares then cut a circle in the middle.


Then you get out your trusty glue gun.


You glue the poster board to the plastic bag and let it dry a few seconds.


You of course stopped at Jo-Ann's to pick up embroidery floss in your schools color.  They are .40 each.  I'm glad that all three of these stores are in the same plaza here.


You cut the floss into even sections and make it look like a tassel.  Honestly if I could do it so can you.  You attach the tassel to the poster board with a dab of hot glue and WA-la!  You now have a centerpiece for your tables that you can fill with candy.  We are putting M&M's, Skittles and Reeses pieces in ours.  I am absolutely not a crafty person so I am really proud of myself.  In total I spent $9.95 and made 15 of these.  The final cost was just .66 cents each!

No comments: