Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A month of marching band events

This month was filled with lots of marching band events. We started at the state fair, played at football games and then ended the month with performing at Cedar Point in Ohio. Even though we are very busy with practice and performances I am proud of Emily and the friends she has made. I never thought I would like a band geek but I have come to find that I LOVE ONE!

This isn't marching band but Emily ready to go to a quad stake dance with a western theme.

This is half of the band. I couldn't get them all in my view. Since it was Hallow-weekends at Cedar Point they played Thriller and one member dressed as Michael Jackson and did the whole dance.

All of the kids made up their faces and ratted their hair to look ghoulish and these are just a few pictures of them marching down the mid way.



They did so well that they were asked to return next year to perform again.


Doesn't she look scary? OK, the sun was in her eyes.




This is Emily and her friend Matt on Sky hawk. It's a huge swing type thing that has you horizontal, looking down at people on the ground below you.


You can't tell but this is Jeremy and Rob on Magnum. I think it is the 2ND largest roller coaster in the park. They are so brave.
This is after the big Kettering/Mott football game. The cymbalist are doing cymbal flips.



As part of the post game show the drum line performs.


This is the Kettering Marching Captains coming off the field at the end of the big game. We won!



This is a crazy ride at the Michigan state fair. Yes, Emily is on it with her friends.


We started this month with performing at the Michigan state fair. Here they are standing at attention while they are being introduced.


Marching to the flag pole to retire the flag.

Just before marching in full uniform. I love the plume!













2 comments:

Jill said...

It's OK to love a band geek, especially a drummer. Drummers are always the coolest kids in the band.

Looks like Emily is starting High School with a BANG - no, make that a drum-roll! Fun pictures!

Stefanie said...

What FUN!! Why to go Emily and band for doing such a GREAT job!