Ok, so the first picture was taken at home. This is the end of our road trip. Emily is giving her best Steven Tyler/Mick Jagger lips and I am just glad to be home with my leg up with ice on it. As Emily says "It's not a family trip until you fall." Translation= Once a year over the last 3 years I have taken a tumble and split my knee open so this get away was no different. So beg my pardon that these pictures are in reverse order I wasn't thinking clearly. Start at the bottom of this post and work your way up or just read them backwards:)


Z.Z. Tops car used in their videos.

A tribute to the Beatles, it's called Abby Road.

This one is covered with eyes cut out of magazines.

This one is purple and called Moondog.

This regular sized guitar is decorated with small pieces of Arizona Ice tea cans and Coke cans.

This one is covered in fur, faux I'm sure, the pink one had some kind of lights on it and the white one has music and words on it.

For some reason there are 4 cars suspended from the ceiling. This one is all glittery like a disco ball.


This is made out of rusted metal. At first glance I thought it was chocolate.

More over sized guitars. Remember to click on them to see all of their details.

All of these over sized guitars were decorated by various people in the community and are on display. I think they are great art work.

Once you enter the Hall of Fame you are quickly told that you can only take pictures of the exibits in the entry way. Then you have to check you camera. That's right NO PICTURES in the Hall of Fame. So this is a display in tribute to Michael Jackson.

The red fence is cool because it has flame cut outs. Click on the picture and you can see it better. The stadium in the back ground is where the Cleveland Indians play.

I took this picture on our way out when it wasn't raining. It is a really interesting building. The picture above this is the side view. I didn't realize that we would be right on Lake Erie.


This is the slippery stair that I wiped out on. Yes it was the first thing I did so all day I sucked it up and partied on in pain. My knee is swollen and I had to see security to get a big bandaid. I almost forgot to say that it was snowing when we arrived so the stairs were wet and I was soaked.
2 comments:
What is it about you Wharton girls and your leg injuries! First Emily now Michelle. Cleveland Rocks! Our outing to Cleveland a few years ago was for a Disney Pin Trading event and then we went on to City Tower for the Hard Rock Cafe and guitar competition. Your pictures are great. First I couldn't get the pirate song out of my head, now I am stuck on the Drew Carey theme song - Cleveland Rocks. Hope you feel better soon!
Not again! Your poor knee! You should get an award for still going through the Hall of Fame. I hope it heals fast this time.
Post a Comment