Thursday, November 10, 2011

Advice Please!

This is a NO judgement zone! I would like to hear your ideas about what to do with my room. Emily and I switched rooms back in June. Her new room is talked about in previous posts. My room however has been left untouched and I'm really starting to dislike the butterflies. There are a few things that must stay in the room. I don't really like the furniture (Rob picked it out) but it is solid oak and is staying.

I need an idea for wall colors. I have been thinking chocolate brown with white trim and either a light blue or lavender. The blanket is reversible chocolate/light blue and I like it. I would like to get shams in another color (those are just cases on them). Yes my Vermont teddy bear and Winnie the Pooh stay. They are both special gifts. If I move the bed this is the wall I would like to put the t.v. on.


Oh, the dresser. I would like to get a smaller flat screen to hang on the wall. Our travel t.v./dvd player has got to go. All of my little picture frames are brushed nickel. There are 5 of them and I would like to keep them.



This is just the corner before the window.



I think that I would like to move the bed in front of the window. I would like new curtains but I have to have something to block out that sun. The sheers don't work for Rob sleeping during the day. The bookshelf can go, it has bounced from room to room and has seen better days.


The bookshelf corner.


The doors: the closet and the bathroom doors open into their space and the hall door opens into our room. So that is a walk around my poor sad room and I am open to idea's and can't wait to hear what you suggest. Thanks!

1 comment:

Rita's Review said...

I am thinking chocolate brown bottom on the walls and burnt orange on the top. The comforter could stay and print shams would add pazazz. I think your white doors would look great with the two colors as would the oak furniture. One tip about moving the bed under the window in winter. You may wake up with a stiff neck from a draft. Another option would be a darker blue/brown combo like the colors in my luggage I posted from my birthday. Have fun decorating!