Tuesday, November 1, 2011
A little bit of summer
It has gotten cold here pretty early this year and today I found 2 things that made me smile. Our local meat market sells these beautiful red ripe strawberries all summer. About a month ago they said they were sure that they were done for the season. Today I went in to get a ham hock and there on the counter was these beauties. My family loves them and I just knew it would make their day.

Jeremy and I were raking up the leaves and turning over the gardens today when I saw this little viola. They are my favorite flowers. With mornings below freezing and several frosts I thought they had all closed up and died for the winter. They gave me hope for next spring after the cold miserable winter we are sure to have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I miss summer already. We enjoy every single minute of sunshine.
Post a Comment