Sunday, August 11, 2013

Minor changes...Major happiness


So, we bought our dining room set the year I was pregnant with Emily.  These chairs have been through a lot over the past 18 1/2 years and I finally put my foot down and put them on my "must fix" list.  I found some really nice upholstery fabric on sale, 50% off.


Last night Rob was home and said "Let's get this done."  He pulled out the staples of the old fabric.


We covered the seats with more batting to make them fluffy again.  I forgot to take a picture of us putting the new fabric on but it really took both of us to get it on there right.


This is the end result.  For some reason the camera didn't pick up the very light green color of the new fabric but it is beautiful.  Stop by and check them out.



Since Rob was on a roll with the chairs he also put up the new lights outside of the house.  I did a happy dance to be rid of the old gold ones that were there since we built the house in 1998.  I am super excited that both of these projects are done.  Now on to re-doing our bedroom.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Wow! The chairs look new again!!