Sunday, August 11, 2013
Philadelphia :(
We spent a day in Philadelphia and I was sorta disappointed. We knew the things we wanted to do and the order we wanted to do them in. We only have ourselves to blame because we didn't do one last check online to verify our information. We started at Betsy Ross' house that charges a "recommended donation" of $5.00 per person. When we found out that you had to make the donation to enter we left. We then went over to the U.S. Mint. I will say that this was the most interesting part of our day. You are not allowed to take pictures inside but this place was full of information and fun facts that we took over an hour to get through it. You actually get to see coins being made.
We also went to the Federal Reserve for a Money Matters exhibit that was OK. We thought it was interesting that at one of these two places Emily showed them her insulin pump and she was waved around the metal detector and the other place made her take it off and then wanded her. Crazy.
We finally made our way over to Independence Square and quickly found out that if you didn't get your ticket for Independence Hall at the crack of dawn you don't get one. What the what!!! So this picture is all we have of it. We wanted to see the Liberty Bell but you have to wait in an hour long line to get in. The line never did go down even at closing time there was a long line. If you look in the above picture to the right you can see the line for the Liberty Bell. What we found out is that you have to weave through a bunch of exhibits before getting to see the bell and if people take forever doing this everyone else has to wait. They only allow so many people in the building at a time. I found a solution to our problem. I pulled a trick out of the bag of tricks Rob's dad used on family vacations, "Hey kids, Look!" We were able to see the bell through the side window.
I have no clue who's butt that is but I am glad he moved just enough that I could get this picture.
The only thing we were able to do was to see these guys act out a declaration and that was while we were waiting to go in Congress Hall.
This is in Congress Hall and that chair is the chair that Thomas Jefferson sat in. I took other pictures but I won't bore you with them. Go waste your own day learning. :p
Emily took this picture from our parking space. I like it! We also went to the B. Free Post Office which is supposedly a landmark and found that it was just a real working post office. How lame!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment