Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How I See Things

One of my favorite places to hang out on a cold day is The Henry Ford museum. On Martin Luther King day the kids and I headed down for a visit. It is a great day to visit because there is so much civil rights history there and they have great presentations too. I decided to just take some snapshots of things that caught my eye.


This is a statue of my favorite president, Abraham Lincoln.

The picture doesn't do this craftsmanship justice. I guess you will have to visit and see it for yourself.

Down the main hallway leading into the museum are all of these beautiful chandeliers.


At the top of the windows in the hallway have these brass looking eagles.


I'm pretty sure that this is from the ground breaking of the museum. I'll have to read the sign better next visit.

The Wienermobile, enough said.


I guess this is me?


Chrome! Grill of a 1965 Mustang.

No, I didn't goof on this picture, she is an upside down wing walker.


The presidential seal on the Kennedy limo.


The flag on the front of the Kennedy limo.


If you follow the "road" you can see the evolution of cars. The museum is in the process of taking this exhibit apart and replacing it with something new. I can't wait to see what they do.

The wheel of an early train.

The door on a box car.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I love the Henry Ford Museum! Thanks for giving me glimpses to remind me.

They are changing the "road" that shows the evolution of cars? That is my favorite part. I hope the new thing is as good.

Rita's Review said...

I can't believe it - we were thinking of doing the same thing! Then Sarah's dentist called and changed her appointment and becasue I have been sick and missed two days of work I made my follow-up doctor appointment for my day off. I am so glad you guys had a great time. I have lots of stuff to talk about for things to do this summer. Let's try to get together in Feb. - When do you guys go to Disney?