Monday, October 14, 2013
Nashville July 23, 2013 (afternoon)
Did you know that the Parthenon is in Nashville? We didn't. This is a full scale replica of the ancient Greek temple.
I could say that we were disappointed that you can not take pictures inside because of the art work but I won't and this is why. The first floor is all art and most of it is of naked women.
I didn't mind the small fee that they charged because the the second floor was worth it and you could take pictures on that floor.
This is what is on the second floor. A 42-foot statue of the goddess Athena which is a re-creation of the one Phidias sculpted in the 5th century B.C.
These pictures do not do this justice.
A bonus was that when we came out they were setting up a stage. We asked what event would be there and if you watched the season opener of Nashville you would have seen that this is the stage for Juliette's concert. Cool Beans!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment