Monday, October 14, 2013

Nashville July 24, 2013 (afternoon)


After the Hall of Fame we headed a couple of blocks over to what I call Main street.  I was trying to catch the essence of the street and this guy popped out of the alley.  He had the nerve to say "I hope I'm not in that picture because I get $10.00 for those."  I didn't know if he was serious and just ignored him. He should go to Time Square and meet his brother "copperman".



Before Johnathan left on his mission he gave Emily a sock monkey missionary called Elder Minkey.  I thought this was an appropriate picture for Minkey the Monkey on the day Elder Wareham left for the Mexico City MTC.  It was a hard day but Emily survived it.


The Ryman Auditorium is nestled on a little side street.


Growing up my parents tuned in to watch Hee Haw and I grew to love Roy Acuff and Minnie Pearl.  I can just hear her saying "Oh, Roy"


We had a mean lady who would not let us on the stage unless we were paying for her pictures so this is the best we could do for the inside of the Ryman.  Maybe it was just because they were setting up for the Monkees concert.



And last but not least we swung by The Bluebird Cafe.  Once again you have to watch the show Nashville to understand why I made my family go there.  After stopping here for a quick picture we headed back to the hotel to pack and then we had dinner with Rob's brother Mike and his wife Audrey.  They live in Spring Hill Tennessee and made the drive over so we could visit with them.  The kids loved the stories the brothers told and I enjoyed sitting in the rocking chairs outside of the Cracker barrel.

No comments: