Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Never Grow Up

So I have been pondering and I would like to know who said my little girl could grow up? I have been having a great time looking back on her life but I have to admit it has brought tears to my eyes. I wonder if I have done all I can do to help her prepare for the adult world. Did I make the right choices, did I fight the right battles, did I tell her I love her enough, could I have done anything different? Then I look at this beautiful, intelligent, compassionate young woman that I love and am so proud of and I realize that I must have done something right. In just a few short weeks my little girl will be sixteen and I can't wait to see what is in store for her. Happy Birthday Emily!

1 comment:

Emma Lee said...

Awww Mom!
Is this payback for the Taylor Swift thing?
You almost made me cry!